HomeNewsIdeaSpace announces the ten winners for its technology startup competition program
IdeaSpace announces the ten winners for its technology startup competition program
June 5, 2014
IdeaSpace Foundation (IdeaSpace) a privately funded non-profit incubator and accelerator announced tonight the ten winners for its technology startup competition program. These ten early-stage startups will move on to its acceleration program and receive at least 1 million pesos worth of seed funding investment, training and services. Manny V. Pangilinan announced that they will continue to support the rest of the seven finalists through a special track being created by IdeaSpace. He added, “What we don’t want to do is to discourage all the young kids from pursuing their dreams.”
The 10 winners are:
• R-TAP (Quezon City) – Real-time pump controller for efficient water distribution
• WattSmart (Pasig/ Quezon City) – online energy audit solution to help monitor electricity use in real time
• Tambio (Manila/ Quezon City) – All raffles in one app
• MyChild – An Online and Mobile platform for parents and schools to work together to make a child succeed
• Tactiles (Laguna) – hardware kit for basic electronics education
• SmartFleet (Makati/ Caloocan/ Paranaque) – Technology platform enabling transport fleets with operations automation, booking, and analytics solutions
• FlipTrip.ph (Taguig) – Online Philippine travel platform for itinerary customization and booking
• SALt – Sustainable alternative lighting solutions powered by water and table-salt
• Nyfti (Manila) – A 3-fold bicycle that you can take anywhere
• BlueLemons (Cavite) – A Filipino theme mobile gaming studio
The winners are from the 17 finalists who bested more than 6000 entries, three rounds of rigorous judging and a two-month incubation program where they received an initial grant worth 100,000 including 50,000 pesos outright cash grant to work on their minimum viable product. It was also during this period that they were mentored and trained to hone their entrepreneurial skills on top of getting assistance for business incorporation and intellectual filing support. Here are the rest of the seven finalists
• CholesteLOW (Davao) – natural anti-cholesterol Rice that lowers blood cholesterol to keep the heart healthy
• iHarvest (Las Pinas) – the next generation paddy grain dryer powered by solar energy
• iTravelPH (Batangas) – A GPS-based mobile solution that provides transit routes for smart traveling and commuting
• SupplyHub (Makati/ Muntinlupa/ Quezon City) – online business-to-business platform that connects buyers with suppliers nationwide
• Taxinoy (Makati) – Taxi Booking App with Zero Data Charges
• ToGocery (Muntinlupa/ Quezon City) – an intuitive mobile solution for a quicker and simpler grocery shopping.
• Unlock & Load (Makati) – mobile advertising platform
Aside from the funding and business support, the winners will also be provided with office space in Makati City as well as housing for non-Manila residents. Startups which successfully complete the acceleration program based on business metrics will be further eligible to avail of additional follow through funding up to 5 million pesos.
Noemi Lardizabal-Dado is a Content Strategist with over 16 years experience in blogging, content management, citizen advocacy and media literacy and over 26 years in web development. Otherwise known as @MomBlogger on social media, she believes in making a difference in the lives of her children by advocating social change for social good.
She is a co-founder and a member of the editorial board of Blog Watch . She is a resource speaker on media literacy, social media , blogging, digital citizenship, good governance, transparency, parenting, women’s rights and wellness, and cyber safety.
Her personal blogs such as aboutmyrecovery.com (parenting) , pinoyfoodblog.com (recipes), techiegadgets.com (gadgets) and benguetarabica.coffee keep her busy outside of Blog Watch.
I am an advocate. I am NOT neutral. I will NOT give social media mileage to members of political clans, epal, a previous candidate for the same position and those I believe are a waste of taxpayers' money.
I do not support or belong to any political party. I was part of accredited media covering the Office of the Vice President and Leni Robredo as she ran as a presidential aspirant in the 2022 National and local elections.
On August 5, 2021, YouTube announced that I was selected as one of 50 Program participants of its Creator Program for Independent Journalists
She was a Senior Consultant for ALL media engagements for the PCOO-led Committee on Media Affairs & Strategic Communications (CMASC) under the ASEAN 2017 National Organizing Council from January 4 -July 5, 2017. Having been an ASEAN advocate since 2011, she has written extensively about the benefits of the ASEAN community and as a region of opportunities on Blog Watch and aboutmyrecovery.com.
Organization affiliation includes Consortium on Democracy and Disinformation
Updated June 6, 2022