Updated April 9, 2017: Earthquake safety guides before, during and after an earthquake; evacuation centers in Metro Manila
Quick links of the West and East Valley Fault line maps:
1. Google map over the Phivolcs map via nababaha.com
2. Is your house standing on an earthquake faultline?
3. Download The Valley Fault System Atlas.
4. Clearer look at the East and West Valley Fault on Google Maps
5. MMDA evacuation camps in case of a 7.2 Earthquake magnitude in Metro Manila
– Veterans Memorial Golf Course
– University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman
– LRT-2 Santolan Depot
– Marikina Boys Town
– Red Cross Marikina
– Ultra Pasig
– Intramuros Golf Course
– Villamor Air Base Golf Course
This website , Is your house standing on an earthquake faultline? showcases an overlay of the google map over the Phivolcs map. It lists communities and subdivisions that sits on the fault line in one gigantic stitched map per sector , however the data used here is older than The Valley Fault System Atlas from Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs). Compare the Google Map below with the latest atlas from Phivolcs which you can download here if Phivolcs website is slow.
Click the images below and magnify the image to get enlarged view:
Compare it with Phivolcs Atlas below:
There are more links and maps. The author says “there you can find maps on the Marikina Valley faultline that I assembled and tweaked (note: nowhere else will you find these customised maps available) which pinpoint the affected barangays and subdivisions in clear detail, showing even the NAMES OF STREETS and exact location where a major faultline capable of generating a 7.2 magnitude earthquake lurks.” Whether one’s home is a kilometer or more away, it is important to check the structure of their homes through this “House self-check”. Do the self-check here.