Basic Investigative Reporting Seminar via Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism
PCIJ Application Guide
PCIJ Basic IR Seminar
The PCIJ will cover:
– Round-trip transportation from the participant’s place of work and/or residence to the seminar venue.
– Board and lodging during the three-day seminar.
The PCIJ will also provide a modest fellowship grant for story proposals that will be approved during or immediately after the seminar.
- Completed application form with two references (see attached).
- One or two samples of work discussing public policy, development, human rights, or governance issues.
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be received not later than May 10, 2013, Friday.
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
– Track record or experience in covering public policy issues.
– Demonstrated interest in doing in-depth reports on governance, development, and human rights issues.
– Potential for playing a key leadership role within his/her organization or media community.
Successful applicants will be notified by May 31, 2013. Only successful applicants will be contacted by the PCIJ.
Sending your application:
Email address: [email protected]
Please state ‘Application to Basic IR Seminar’ on the subject line
Note: We will acknowledge receipt of all submissions. If you do not receive any reply within three working days, please resend your application and move a follow-up email or call (02) 410-4768.
Telefax: (02) 410-4768
Please write ‘ATTN: PCIJ Training Desk’ on the fax cover sheet
Note: After faxing, please call (02) 410-4768 to confirm if all the documents had been transmitted successfully.
The Training Desk
Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism
3/F Criselda 2 Bldg., 107 Scout de Guia St.
Brgy. Sacred Heart, Quezon City 1104
Note: We will acknowledge receipt of mailed applications via email or text.