Just had a talk with my only male cousin. He is still young in his early twenties. He is a second year Hotel and Restaurant student but on leave for the meantime due to financial problems. His Dad died when he was still young. His twin sisters are both working having graduated already from college unlike him because of “barkada” and frequent change in courses that cause him to be stuck in Second Year.
I asked him to come with me this morning. I think this will be the first time that we will have this kind of talk, about reality. From the dictionary, reality is the state of things, as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined. In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, whether or not it is observavle or comprehensible. A still more broad definition includes everything that has existed, exists, or will exist, not just in the mind, or even more broadly also including what is only in the mind.- wiki
I told him all the lessons I learned from this meaningful life so far and with 1000 words I’ll summarize the four hours of that moment.
1. Honesty is the best policy
2. People will leave you, most probably in times of darkness.
3. Majority are corrupt but the minority few is still existing
4. In Calauan, there are still few who have integrity, principle and word of honor.
5. Discrimination in Philippines is much higher compared to the ones abroad which is mostly racial.
6. People usually look about the status of life, much important if one is rich than no means at all.
7. Some Generals have lot’s of money because of corruption, instead they are using it to their subordinates, they are using the funds in personal use same as about that 500,000 pesos boots of the son.
8. Exceptional talent like Manny Pacquiao and Charice are amazing but is not applicable to the majority of the population, people still need to study and have proper education to succeed in life.
9. Family will always be there .
10. Wisdom comes from family.
11. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
12. Miss Angola is the prettiest and the most talented female contestants, but don’t judge her by the color of her skin.
13. A writer can only write because of her experiences.
14. Life is short, take the risk.
15. Crab mentality because of poverty.
16. Hard to find work nowadays due to over population with the same skills.
17. Need to be different
18. Charice is very respected in her field of choice, Americans recognize her talent by asking her to sing their national anthem. Be proud Filipinos.
19. Time management is the key.
20. Success is 25% Integrity, 25% Hard work and the rest which is 50% is luck.
21. Opportunity knocks only once.
22. One must know how to grab the opportunity
23. Try and try until you succeed
24. Choose your friends
25. Money is powerful but not all happiness can be solved with money.
We went home after some project inspection, but I learned a lot.