Do it right advocacy together with the members of different groups like Critical Thinking Filipinos humanist president Mr. Yzak Vargas, Blog Watch contributor Mr. Gelo Lopes, Mulat Pinoy Community manager Mr. Ayrie Ching, Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR) Ms. Irina Otmakhova and Get Real Philippines Mr. Orion Perez Dumdum attended another awareness forum and with youth as speakers. “RH: Through the eyes of the youth” is another event of DO IT RIGHT advocacy with youth leaders around the Philippines from Alliance of Young Nurses and Leaders Advocates, The Library Foundation, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights, Philippine Heroes League, National Youth Consortium, University of The Philippines Diliman and of course with the updates about RH Bill by Elizabeth Angsioco (Chair, Democratic Socialist Women of the Philippines or DSWP), the event is complete and successful.
Attended by the representatives of different organizations like Philippine Atheist and Agnostic Society (PATAS), Alliance of Young Nurses and Leaders Advocates (AYNLA), MAKALAYA, LIKHAAN, BKP, SIKAT, PMPI, Pilakk, PAMAC-Q enjoyed the discussion and was covered by Mulat Pinoy. The speakers discussed the following:
• Marlon Toledo Lacsamana from Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights (LGBT) discussed “ RH Bill para sa mga marginalized.”
• Alvin Cloyd Dakis from Alliance of Young Nurses and Leaders Advocates shares his experienced for having a Lesbian Mother, the effect to his life and how to succeed even with a single parent.
• Reinier Bona read his personal letter to everyone with regards to LGBT rights and equality
• Doreen Murata shares a video from UNPA about Planning for the future.
• Mary Therese De Silva a University of the Philippines student shares her insight as a young individual who can make a difference by spreading awareness to the youth
• Noel De Guia discussed the importance of social media in encouraging everyone about ones advocacy.
The objective of the forum was to share the expertise, knowledge of each speakers and discuss the complete RH/RP Guiding principles in tagalog as the solution from the problem with 15 minutes each of Powerpoint Presentation or video then Q&A after each presentation. The event was done last May 28, 2011 at Conspiracy Bar in Quezon City.
Yzak Vargas did the closing remarks and explained that action is better than two hands clasp together. After the event, WGNRR invited everyone in the same venue to celebrate May 28 as the International day of action for Women’s Health with speakers like Pat Evangelista of ANC’s Storyline, Film director Kiri Dalena, Dr. Sylvia Claudio, Atty. Claire Padilla (Executive Director of EngenderRights), Lady Lisondra and lastly RH: Through the eyes of the youth forum was summarized by Engr. Grace Bondad Nicolas of Do it right advocacy. The evening was successful capping it with performances from Romancing Venus.