How to help or volunteer: #yolandPH relief operations #reliefph
How to volunteer for Villamor Air Base’s Nanay Bayanihan
Register at the #NanayBayanihan sign up sheet
How to volunteer for Oplan Salubong at Camp Aguinaldo
Check this FAQ sheet for Oplan Salubong
How to volunteer for Villamor Air Base’s Oplan Hatid
Sign up here: oplanhatid.teleserv.ph
Project Yakap: Hugs, not Hogs
See Project Yakap: Hugs, not Hogs Facebook page.
#ScrapPork Network, a group of citizen advocates, together with Lifeline Foundation Support Team, Inc., are launching Project Yakap: an initiative wherein Filipinos in non-affected areas open their homes in Manila, Cebu and other locations to foster (feed and shelter and basically be a family to) the evacuees from the areas affected by Super Typhoon Yolanda and to raise money to support the households participating in this initiative.
They will welcome whole families, singles, children, siblings, the elderly—whoever needs a family, and giving them temporary housing for specific periods of time.
How to donate to the Red Cross via SMS
1.Globe users donate (5, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500, 1000) by texting: RED
2. Smart users can txt RED
Here are other payment gateways on how to donate to the Red Cross redcross.org.ph/donatenow page.
How to volunteer
1. Red Cross- Volunteers are needed to re-pack relief goods Volunteer sign up here, goo.gl/EruKjR
2. DSWD-NROC, at NAIA Chapel Road, behind Air Transportation Office, Pasay City . To those who’d want to volunteer, pls. call 8512681 for schedule. Click image below for more places :
Click to enlarge
3. In Cebu, volunteers for repacking relief goods may call Ms. Evelyn Senajon at 254-7198 & 254-8397 for more info.
4. The Department of Education needs volunteers to help in conducting psychosocial intervention and stress debriefing for students and teachers affected by Typhoon Yolanda. DepEd is prioritizing health professionals with training on mental health & psychosocial intervention by National Center for Mental Health or accredited organizations. Sign up here. . Priority is given to those who can speak Waray. Interested volunteers can register online. Contact the DepEd Health and Nutrition Center at (02)632-9935 or (0917)880-9655. Look for Dr. Ella Naliponguit.
5. Donate a teddy bear to the children. Drop off points are here.
For general info or status about #yolandaph affected areas go to http://bangonphilippines.appspot.com/
To look for relatives or loved ones
1. Google Person Finder for Typhoon Yolanda – Click here
2. Crowdsourced map of evacuation centers, crisis areas, and relief drop zone areas in relation to Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda. Click here
3. Biliran Family Finder at http://biliran.ph
4. DATABASE: Yolanda missing persons inquiries via GMA News
5. If you are looking for a family or friend, use #TracingPH or fill up http://goo.gl/dAGNSi
Photo via @RedCrossYouthPH