June 8 is also World Ocean Day.
Via Team Manila
Headlines are screaming of the rape of our ocean. Social media is outraged. The time has come to turn this outrage into a positive resolution. A call of action has been made. Not only will there be an awareness campaign but specific actions undertaken to save Philippine seas and make persons or government accountable to this crime.
What can we all do or participate in ? Here are just a few action. We enjoin you to help think of solutions.
- Tweet, Plurk, or post to spread the word about this event: Share or repost this announcement.
- Use the Twitter hashtag #reefwatchPH.
- Spread the savephilippineseas.com URL.
- Repost and share our official campaign badge (to be posted soon so please come back!).
- Most importantly, on June 8, join the Blog Action Day from your favorite social media channels (blog, Tumblr, Posterous, Twitter, Plurk, Facebook, etc.
2. Let us know of biologists, divers interested to start restoration projects (You can contact us here- comment below)
3. Send contact details of media contacts and NGOs who are willing to help us with #reefwatchPH.
4. Even before Blog Action day, you can blog about it, spread the news to your colleagues, write to your representatives, media. Awareness is good. But Awareness + Action is much better.
5. Discourage demand for exotic decorative species and coral-accented jewelry and fashion accessories.
6. We’re building #reefwatchPH ‘s directory of supporters, resource persons. Please sign up here.
7. Know more about saving our Philippine seas. Visit savephilippineseas.com
Tweeps were busy finding ways to help out, and save our marine life.