1.More than 400,000 women suffer from maternal morbidities every year.
2. Women suffer more from maternal morbidities than any other illness.
3. Around 200,000 maternal morbidities—up to half the total— can be prevented through effective family planning.
4. Eleven women die each day from pregnancy and birth complications. Most of these deaths are preventable.
5. Proper birth spacing reduces by half the risk of death for newborns and infants. More than 7,800 infant deaths can be prevented yearly through family planning.
6. Poor women and infants carry the most risk of death and disability from lack of access to reproductive health services.
7. For every peso spent in family planning, around 3 to 100 pesos will be saved in maternal care costs for unintended pregnancies.
8. At least 5.5 B (billion) pesos are spent each year in health care costs for managing unintended pregnancies and its complications. An annual budget of 2 to 3 B pesos for FP is a cost-effective public health measure.
Noemi Lardizabal-Dado is a Content Strategist with over 16 years experience in blogging, content management, citizen advocacy and media literacy and over 26 years in web development. Otherwise known as @MomBlogger on social media, she believes in making a difference in the lives of her children by advocating social change for social good.
She is a co-founder and a member of the editorial board of Blog Watch . She is a resource speaker on media literacy, social media , blogging, digital citizenship, good governance, transparency, parenting, women’s rights and wellness, and cyber safety.
Her personal blogs such as aboutmyrecovery.com (parenting) , pinoyfoodblog.com (recipes), techiegadgets.com (gadgets) and benguetarabica.coffee keep her busy outside of Blog Watch.
I am an advocate. I am NOT neutral. I will NOT give social media mileage to members of political clans, epal, a previous candidate for the same position and those I believe are a waste of taxpayers' money.
I do not support or belong to any political party. I was part of accredited media covering the Office of the Vice President and Leni Robredo as she ran as a presidential aspirant in the 2022 National and local elections.
On August 5, 2021, YouTube announced that I was selected as one of 50 Program participants of its Creator Program for Independent Journalists
She was a Senior Consultant for ALL media engagements for the PCOO-led Committee on Media Affairs & Strategic Communications (CMASC) under the ASEAN 2017 National Organizing Council from January 4 -July 5, 2017. Having been an ASEAN advocate since 2011, she has written extensively about the benefits of the ASEAN community and as a region of opportunities on Blog Watch and aboutmyrecovery.com.
Organization affiliation includes Consortium on Democracy and Disinformation
Updated June 6, 2022