With the rise in the numbers of alleged drug users and pushers being arrested, killed, and compelled to surrender, the Free Legal Assistance Group (FLAG) and the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (PCIJ) offers this instructive primer on the rights of all citizens under specific situations, according to the Constitution, the statues, and jurisprudence.
PCIJ has translated FLAG’s primer into Filipino.
There are five parts of the primer with related infographics on their blog, www.pcij.org/blog
Here are the five parts and their links:
* Know Your Rights 1: Basic Rights, http://wp.me/p1ZsYY-5dU
* Know Your Rights 2: Search Operations, http://wp.me/p1ZsYY-5eo KYR
* Know Your Rights 3: Arrests, http://wp.me/p1ZsYY-5h8
* Know Your Rights 4: Salvaging, http://wp.me/p1ZsYY-5hl
* Know Your Rights 5: Detention, http://wp.me/p1ZsYY-5hu