via Who was in, who was out? House of Representatives’ 2011 attendance
“Only 27 lawmakers, or less than 10 percent of the 285-member House of Representatives, registered perfect attendance in sessions last year, while a congressman fighting a warrant of arrest after being found guilty of graft and who is also expecting the verdict on a separate parricide case against him was the top absentee, records of the chamber showed.
The House had a total of 59 session days from January 17 to December 14, 2011.”
Who had perfect attendance?
Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr.
Minority Leader Edcel Lagman.
Pedro Acharon Jr. (General Santos)
Irvin Alcala (Quezon)
Jorge Banal (Quezon City)
Leopoldo Bataoil (Pangasinan)
Mary Mitzi Cajayon (Caloocan)
Winston Castelo (Quezon City)
Kimi Cojuangco (Pangasinan)
Enrique Cojuangco (Tarlac)
Rachel del Mar (Cebu)
Salvio Fortuno (Camarines Sur)
Roilo Golez (Paranaque)
Neptali Gonzales II (Mandaluyong)
Teodorico Haresco Jr. (Ang Kasangga partylist).
David Kho (Senior Citizens party-list)
Isidro Lico (AtingKoop party-list)
Eleandro Jesus Madrona (Romblon)
Florencio Noel (An Waray party-list)
Jesus Emmanuel Paras (Bukidnon)
Romero Federico Quimbo (Marikina)
Pedro Romualdo (Camiguin)
Raden Sakaluran (Sultan Kudarat)
Baby Aline Vargas-Alfonso (Cagayan)
Mariano Michael Velarde Jr. (Buhay party-list)
1. Dinagat Island Representative Ruben Ecleo, – 8 sessions but he filed 45 notices of absence saying he was out on local official business.
2. Davao del Norte Representative Anthony del Rosario – present in 25 of the 59 session days. Of the 34 days he was absent, 33 were filed as local official business.
3. Negros Occidental Representative Ignacio Arroyo – 26 sessions only. Of the 33 days absent, 14 were not covered by official notices.
4. Sarangani Representative Manny Pacquiao – present on only 27 days. Of the 32 days he was absent, 21 were without official notice.
5. Representatives Julio Ledesma IV of Negros Occidental,
Juan “Jack” Ponce-Enrile Jr. of Cagayan
Ma. Valentina Plaza of Agusan del Sur
attended only 30 session days, or were absent for 29 days each.
6. Ang Galing Pilipino party-list Representative Juan Miguel “Mikey” Arroyo, -26 absences, none covered by an official notice.
7.Iloilo Representative Augusto Syjuco -no official notices for the 17 of the 25 days absent
The other House Reps with more than 20 absences are:
Benjamin Asilo (Manila, 24)
Ferjenel Biron (Iloilo, 22)
Erineo Maliksi (Cavite, 22)
Rolando Andaya Jr. (Camarines Sur, 21)
Maria Jocelyn Bernos (Abra, 21)
Attendance of House of Representatives – 15th Congress 2011