The 2nd Social Media Day was spent attending the launch of the Tatt Awards.
Dong Ronquillo, head of Broadband Business of Globe Telecom explains that “Tattoo is about making your mark and your own personal definition of greatness. The Tatt Awards is our venue to recognize those individuals that through their passion and individuality have created a space that is truly theirs, but sincerely shared with others.”
There are 10 categories in the Tatt Awards:
1. The One, the most influential trendsetter that shaped opinion, moved people and prompted action;
2. Ballbreaker, a blogger or a Twitter user who started a debate, sparked conversations or a revolution of opinions with just one hard-hitting post;
3. Stylisimo, a person that not only reviewed fashion but also set a trend one that everyone followed;
4. Indie Rocker, a musical band or indie artist who fought hard to claim their space in the hearts of the Filipino audience via webtime;
5. Wordslayer, a blogger whose mastery of words showed wit, humor and grit to the Philippine blogosphere;
6. Artiste, an inspiring person whose fiery passion for creating visual art through original graphic design, animation or photography has caught fire in the Philippine online art scene
7. Tech Junkie, a blogger, podcaster or Twitter user who shares access to the latest in trends and the fast pace world of e-knowledge;
8. #Thought-Mover, a Twitter user who sparked a fire in the Philippine Twittersphere with one unique hashtag;
9. Video Slinger, an individual or group who shook the Pinoy web space with though-provoking or entertaining video; and
10. The Advocate, a person or a group of individuals who worked to improve the state of a societal cause in the Philippines through social media.
And the prize? Winners will receive P100,000 in cash and premium broadband products from Tattoo.
The Winners of the 10 categories will be determined by public voting and a panel of judges called The Tatt Council.
Detailed main criteria are as follows:
a.) Tatt Council scores – 70%
Score is composed of the following criteria:
1.) Content quality – 40%
2.) Social media impact – 15%
3.) Relevance of content to the specific category – 15%
b.) Online Popularity (number of: Fans, Followers, Subscribers, Views, Mentions, Visitors) – 20%
c.) Public Voting – 10%
You have until July 14, 2011 to nominate your favorite or deserving social media user via their Tattoo portal www.tattoo.globe.com.ph/tattawards. Finalists will be announced on August 10, then online voting will begin and run until August 24. Awarding is on August 27.
Nominate those who inspired you in Philippine social media!
Members of The Tatt Council include Dong Ronquillo; award-winning journalist Maria Ressa; Rock Ed Philippines founder Gang Badoy; popular lifestyle blogger and entrepreneur Cecile Zamora-Van Straten; tech blogger and Tattoo ambassador Rico Mossesgeld; director and video blogger Kring Elenzano; Radio DJ Chico Garcia and Hans Roxas-Chua, president of the Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP).