June 14, 2011, Calamba City, Laguna- The Finalization Meeting for the 150th Rizal Day Celebration with Nelia San Buenaventura Chipeco (wife of the incumbent mayor of Calamba City) Head of the Public Employment Services Office (PESO) Peter Capitan and all participants for the Float Parade and Human Delegation are in attendance at the Department of Education, Division Office.
There will be more than 22 Symbolic floats that will parade on this June 19, 2011 event that will start in Barangay Parian. All attendees will wear Filipiniana to show support for this Historical Celebration for the Philippine National Hero and the Famous Calambeno. Two thousands seats are allotted to those who received the invitation from the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) and from the Mayors office of the City of Calamba. The invitation have a green stickers that will guarantee the seats from the Rizal Program In front of Rizal Home to the Rizal Monument which is in front of the Calamba City Hall.
The Theme and Lined up/Sponsors for the Floats are as follows:
1. Ang kapanganakan sa Calamba- Pamahalaang Panglunsod ng Calamba
2. Ang pagbibinyag- Laguna College of Business and Arts, Colegio De San Juan De Letran
3. Ang lampara- Yazaki Torres manufacturing Incorporated
4. Ang Unang pagaaral- Pamahalaang Lungsod ng Binan
5. Sa Kabataang pilipino- DepED, Calamba City
6. Si Paciano, Kapatid- Ikalawang Distrito ng Lalawigan ng Laguna
7. Si Pagong at si Matsing- Knights of Rizal/kababaihang Rizalista Incorporated
8. Liham sa mga babaeng taga Malolos- Pamahalaang Panlalawigan ng Bulacan
9. IMNO sa Paggawa- Triskelion Tau Gamma Phi
10. Ang Dalubwika- Celyo Rizal Incorporated
11. Ang Propaganista- Triskelion City Lions
12. La Liga Filipina- Iglesya ng Lipi
13. La Solidaridad- Sangguniang Panglunsod ng Calamba
14. Noli Me Tangere- Calamba Institute
15. Awit ni Maria Clara- San Pablo( Kapatirang ang Litaw ay Katalinuhan)
16. El Filibusterismo- University of Perpetual Help Delta System- Calamba
17. Sa Dapitan- san Miguel Foods, Incorporated
18. Ang pagdalaw ng pamilya- SM Department Store Calamba, Union Galvasteel Manufacturing Company and Local Tourist Vendors
19. Ang pag-oopera ng mata ng sariling ina- Mlhullier Financial Services Incorporated
20. Ang paglililok- Pamahalaang panlalawigan ng Laguna
21. Ang paglilitis- Watawat ng Lahi (Malvarosa Function)
22. Huling Paalam- Calambanga vendors marketing Cooperative
The City of Calamba is ready for the attendance of the President of the Philippines Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino Jr. with a big welcome tarpaulin to welcome the President in front of the Rizal Monument that will be unveiled this June 19, 2011. The President together with his Presidential Security Group will arrive at 8 in the morning at the Rizal Home and will be welcomed by the Laguna Governor, Jorge Estregan (ER) Ejercito, 9th District of Laguna representative Justine (Timmy) Chipeco and Calamba City Mayor Joaquin Chipeco Jr.
A short program at the “Bulwagan” in front of the Rizal Shrine (Home) will be given to the President. After the program, everyone will proceed to the Rizal Monument which is more than 20,000 people are expected to join the celebration with confirmed attendance of 3000 personnel already from the office of the Governor of Laguna while the Media and the Calamba City organizers will have a meeting this June 16, 2011 at 8 in the morning for the coverrage of the event.